Sunday 11 October 2015

Chole Bhatura | Chana bhature

Chole batura is my very favourite recipe as it has lot of memories.I first tasted chole batura during my 12th standard.Usually i have special class and most of the days i will having my dinner in my school canteen,where chole batura is very famous for its tangy and sweet flavour.After that i tried once at a local shop in bglr(Electronic City),i was pregnant at that time and me & my hubby went for my monthly checkup and got a parcel from that hotel as der was no shop opend as its a sunday and he keep scolding me for that ,as they didnt prepare it in a hygenic manner.Becoz of his scolding i searched for a recipe and got this from padhu's kitchen and my sister prepared it for me. And now me and hubby got addicted to it and keep preparing every 2 weeks. Do try and let me know your comments ....  For batura Recipe click here


Chole Bhatura | Chana bhature

Recipe Cuisine: Indian | Recipe Category: Dinner
Preparation Time:45 mins | Serves: 3-4

Ingredients


Channa -1/2 cup

Onion-2

Tomato-2

Ginger & Garlic paste-2 tbsp

Green chilli-1 or 2

Cashew-8(to grind into paste)

Coriander leaves-1 tbsp

Sugar-1/2 tbsp

butter-2 tbsp

Salt as per taste

Oil -4 tbsp

Spice Powder's


Channa masala-1 tbsp

Chilli pwdr-1 tbsp(kashmiri fr bright color)

Turmeric-1/4 tsp

Chat masala-1 tbsp

To Temper


Fennel seeds/sombu-1/2 tbsp

Cumin / zeera-1/2 tbsp

Shahi zeera / Black cumin-1/2 tbsp

Cinammon-2

Cloves-3

Cardomom-3

Tomato sause or ketchup-1 tbsp(op)

Method:

    2 add
  1. Soak the channa overnight(soak channa in 2 hrs -see Notes) and pressure cook it for 10 whistles.
  2. Grind the cashew into a smooth paste.
  3. 2 add
  4. Heat the oil in a pan and add cinnamon ,cloves ,fennel,zeera,black cumin,elachi and fry fr 10 secs.
  5. Now add in the onion,cook till golden brown(add some salt to fasten the browning) and add G & G paste,cook for 1 min.
  6. 2 add
  7. Now add the tomatos, and cook till mushy and oil seperates(see the pics).
  8. 2 add
  9. Add all the powders(chaatmasala,channamasala,turmeric,chilli pwdr), mix for 20 secs.
  10. 2 add
  11. Now add the cashew paste,salt and 1/4 cup water,let it cook for 5 mins.
  12. 2 add
  13. Its time to add cooked channa with water and cook for 5 to 10 mins till you get the gravy consistency.
  14. 2 add
  15. Now add the ketchup,some sugar mix well and add a butter ,chopped coriander and switch off the flame.
  16. Serve with fresh onion and lemon.goes yummy with batura ,chapathi,poori and also with any bread.
  17. Perfect and yummy choola poori is ready !!!!

Notes:

  • use hotwater and soak the channa in a hot box,your chaana will be ready in 1 or 2 hours).
  • I used kashmiri chilli pwdr for good color,you can also use red color if u want.
  • Dont forget to serve batura and chole with lemon wedges and onions.

Thanks for reading my post....Please drop ur valuable comments,as its will motivate me to spend more time in blogging.And also if you like my post share it with your friends.Thank you!
                          end

No comments :

Post a Comment

ABOUT ME

FEATURE'S