Wednesday 11 February 2015

About Me

WELCOME!


Hi My Name is Dhivya Vinod and I am the girl behind all the recipes from Dhivis pantry. Kitchen is MY Everything, the place where I like to spend my time either in good mood or Happy.

My Native is pallipalayam a small town near ERODE. We are a family with 4(me, my sis ,dad& mom).My parents was running a bakery few years back, So they will be engaged in shop always (May be bcoz of that I am very much fascinated to bake ).My mom will be at home till 8-9 in morning and comes home after 6-7 in the night. After a busy and tired day in shop, she cooks so simple always. This was the time which motivated me to learn cooking. I like many of my mom’s dishes but she doesn’t have time to try new recipes, which I and my sis were longing in our child hood days.

Here are the other two women who inspired me in cooking. You may get bored of my detailed explanation and some grammar mistake and I am not so good at grammar, sorry for that…

Every week ends me and my sis go grandma's home, it’s a village and it takes 11 km from my home .we was with my grandma from the age of 1 till our 2nd standard .So she is the mom we saw more than my mom, she prepare whatever we want and take us outing (this outing will be mostly temples), shopping and much more .So I got all my basics from grandma like rolling chapatti, cutting veggies, gardening, temple related things and even wearing saree;). I am more fascinated by the simple gravy's and dal that she prepares with not much of work .Her days works starts from morning 4 am till night 9 .she do work in farms & fields, looking after cows, cook for my grandpa and some time when my mom need help she take bus in the evening and come my home, do help my mom and stay with us for a night and next day morning she go back home and continue her day to day workie have never seen her tired. More stubborn lady she is....I have given few of her one pot recipes in my blog and more coming soon.

Other than my Grandma, there is one more person who involved in my cooking interest is my Grandma's DIL (my aunt), she is a very good cook. The simple gravies, sambars, payasam and even lemon juice will taste yummy (I learnt adding elachi| cardamom to lemon juice, basic biriyani from her only) and then I started collecting recipe note and copies from her. But lost those notes and few of my favorites are there in mind still.

My college days came to an end and I started working in an IT company for 4 years .Initially I got 3 months training in Kochi and der I got good buffet meals from breakfast to dinner which is provided by my office. Here I came across lot of new recipes from custard fruits to bhindi masala and lot more which is very new for me…..  Then I got posting in chennai, when I was in Chennai I was staying with 7 of my friends in a rented house, we had a cook to prepare food for us, but whenever we crave for good food and when the cook is on leave, we cook our self. I had less time here to cook as we are busy at office always, but whenever my turn comes to cook, I got good comments from my friends(especially for my mushroom Biriyani and puli kuzhambu).

Later my sister also joined with me, she is a great cook in Non-veg .She get all her recipe from her friends (one among them was a catering student).So I got more basic tips from her. Whenever I come home for leaves, we both cook together now for my mom. And we love to cook for our mom & dad and getting comments from them.

After that I got transferred to Bangalore and there In my hostel the food is OK ,but we had a stove to cook whenever we want, sometimes me and my friends use to cook simple chicken gravy with all available instant paste's and powders. This was a huge hit with my friends.

Finally I got married to my man with Vinod and we moved in to a new house ,as my hubby was working in Singapore ,my MIL, grandma, mom was supporting me until my pregnancy This was the time I learnt more on cooking from all and tried many new dishes with them.

Now we are in Singapore for past 2 years and I have a 2 + years old Kid named Shannvita, I am a full time cook now, bcoz of my kid I am not getting enough time for blogging. Hope will spend more time in future with many existing, healthy, easy, traditional Recipes in upcoming years....
What is Dhivi's Pantry and why did you start it?

I started blogging just to record all my Recipes in my own version. You have seen many recipes that where already der in many blog’s, I have posted those just for a detailed steps by steps pic’s.But now it becomes my hobby to post recipes at least twice a week. I am not a culinary expert and do not claim to be a wow chef. But I do enjoy cooking, experimenting with new Recipes and adapting them to my Taste .Sometimes the recipe I cook turn out to be a big flop .Other times it will be so good than I ever expected, and those are the recipes I share here in Dhivis pantry.

What is your cooking philosophy?
I am a type of person who wanted to give the best of all. And I always wanted to give my family a Healthy and Delicious homemade meal.

My Hobbies:
Other than Kitchen I like gardening, reading books, watching movies together, I love to shop and DIY all sorts of fun crafts....
And my Recent DIY try was Shea Butter and Coconut oil Body Butter and goanna try lip balm and hair style gel soon …..

You can follow me on my Social Media pages:


Please do share your Recipes, cooking tips and recipe pics which are tried from here. Your comments, suggestions and your likes are the awards for me to motivate to post more…

My Mail ID :

mail2dhivyak@yahoo.com
mail2dhivyak@gmail.com

Will uplaod my Family pics soon ...........

Again, WELCOME!!


1 comment :

  1. Hi... I tried some of ur recipes ☺.. Really it was awesome.. waiting for other recipes dear....come back 👍

    ReplyDelete

ABOUT ME

FEATURE'S